Source: Support the Nashua Area Radio Society on Amazon Smile and GoFundMe
Anita and I have been working to grow the Amateur Radio Service through our work at the Nashua Area Radio Society. The Nashua Area Radio Society is a 501c(3) public charity whose mission is to:
- Encourage and help people to become licensed and active in the Amateur Radio Service
- Spark Interest among Young People in STEM Education and Careers through Ham Radio
- Provide training and mentoring to enable our members to improve their technical and operating skills and to be prepared to assist in times of emergency
- Sponsor on-air operating activities so that our members may practice and fully develop their operating skills and have fun with Ham Radio!
The Nashua Area Radio Society has created many programs designed to provide STEM learning experiences and training through Amateur Radio. Some of these include:
- High-Altitude Balloon Projects in Local Schools
- Electronics Kit Building Projects for Young People
- Amateur Radio License Training Class scholarships for young people
- Amateur Radio Expositions at Hamfests and in public places for Young People
- Emergency Communications Training through our Field Day and other activities
- Supporting Local Schools with ARISS Crew Contacts and other Amateur Radio activities
To carry out our mission, we have formed close relationships with several schools. This helps us develop and deliver effective, high-quality programs that bring learning through Amateur Radio to young people. You can read more about what we’re doing via the link at the top of the page.
We provide many of these services either free of charge or at a very modest cost. We count on the generosity of our members, friends, and the Amateur Radio community to raise funds to support our work.
We hope that our readers will consider supporting our work at the Nashua Area Radio Society by using Amazon Smile and designating us as your favorite charity and/or by making a donation to our current fundraising campaign (click on the badge below).
Amazon Smile is free and it’s easy to set up and use (click here for setup information).
On behalf of the many young people and others that we help, thank you very much for your interest and support. We will continue to work hard to provide learning opportunities for young people through Amateur Radio and to continue to make the Amateur Radio Service the best it can be to benefit everyone.
Congratulations on your success! What curriculum and support materials are you using to prepare the younger elementary school students for the Technician exam? I am undertaking the exam preparation process with a nine year old grandchild and so far haven’t found age-appropriate and engaging study aids for this age. Thanks!
We have developed a complete set of license class training materials based upon Gordon West’s system with many additions and customizations. We intermix the presentation material on the license topics with hands-on activities to help reinforce the material and make the learning experience fun.
Interesting! Is that material perhaps available for purchase or via a donation to the Nashua Area Radio Society?
The material is currently available via our locally delivered license and other training. We are considering making our courses available over the Internet. Stay tuned…
Sorry but the only way to receive the training at this point is to take one of our course. We are considering delivering classes online at some point in the future. Watch for more on that here and on http://www.n1fd.org.