It has been about 11 months since our new station went on the air. In total, we have worked 234 DXCC entities and made over 11,200 QSO from our new station since it went on the air in July of 2012!
A great many of the QSOs from our new station were made as part of various contests that we’ve taken part in including:
- The 2013 ARRL Rookie Roundup SSB
- The 2013 CQ WPX SSB Contest
- The 2013 BARTG RTTY Contest
- The 2013 ARRL DX Phone Contest
- The 2013 CQ WPX RTTY Contest
- The 2013 ARRL RTTY Roundup
- The 2012 CQ WW CW Contest
- The 2012 ARRL Phone Sweepstakes
- The 2012 CQ WW Phone Contest
We’ve been using DXLab for logging and other station management functions and I learned recently that DXLab can use Google Earth to plot QSOs on a map of the world. For fun, I decided to make a video showing where we have made QSOs using our new station over the last 11 months.
As you can see, a great many of our QSOs have been made to the United States and Europe as part of the various contests that we’ve been in. Anita has worked a number of contacts to Japan and we’ve both worked a good bit of DX around the world as well.
We have had quite a bit of activity on all of the HF bands and we are looking forward to more fun on 6m, 2m and 70cm as time and conditions permit.
– Fred (AB1OC)