The Nashua Area Radio Society (NARS), will be hosting a Ham Bootcamp on Saturday, September 7th from 9 AM until noon at the Northeastern HamXposition at Boxboro. Ham Bootcamp includes a series of hands-on activities designed to help newly licensed Technician and General class license holders get on the air and use their amateur radio license. It is also a great opportunity for prospective hams who are interested in seeing what the hobby has to offer….
Ham Bootcamp activities will be provided in two tracks – one for Technicians and prospective hams and one for General class licenses and higher.
Technician Track Activities
- Putting together a Station for Repeaters – how to pick an HT and antenna
- HT Programming Tutorials and Help
- Getting Started with EchoLink
- Making a Contact, joining a Repeater Net
- Fox Hunting Demonstrations
- Making contacts through Amateur Radio Satellites in Space
General Track Activities
- Putting together an HF Station
- Putting up a simple HF Antenna including coax and grounding choices
- Software for your HF station
- Operating on the HF bands using voice, morse code, and digital
- Putting together a portable HF Station
- How to find and work DX and QSL
… and more!
We will also be providing discount coupons for a kit build and for purchases at HRO to Ham Bootcamp participates.
Ham Bootcamp is free and it is available to all HamXpositon 2019 attendees. Participation in the hands-on training is limited to 100 people maximum and will be on a first-come, first-served basis, so arrive early to get a seat. Registration begins at 8 am.
If you are planning to attend the Northeastern HamXpostion 2019 @ Boxboro on September 7th, don’t miss this once a year opportunity to learn more about Amateur Radio, improve your station, expand your skills, and get on the air. See you at Ham Bootcamp!