July 2019 Tech Night – Putting Up A Tower
We recently did a how-to presentation on Putting Up A Tower at a Nashua Area Radio Society Tech Night. The video from this presentation can be viewed above.
We covered a variety of information related to planning, building and integrating Guyed and House-Bracketed towers. You can view the accompanying presentation materials here.
The Nashua Area Radio Society produces similar how-to training materials on almost a monthly basis and we make these materials available to our Members an Internet Subscribers (folks that live too far from our location to be regular members) for a small cost which supports our new Ham development programs and covers the production and storage costs associated with the video material. Here’s a list of the training topics that we’ve produced to date:
2019 Tech Nights
- Fox Hunting: Radio Direction Finding for Beginners including a Tape Measure Yagi Build by Jamey Finchum, AC1DC
- Surface Mount Technology by Hamilton Stewart, K1HMS
- RF Design with Smith Charts, Building a First HF Station, and Begining with CW – Hamilton Stewart, K1HMS; Anthony Rizzolo, KC1DXL; and Jerry Doty, K1OKD
- All About Field Day 2019 by our Field Day Planning Team
- Putting up a Tower by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
2018 Tech Nights
- Operating Your Station Remotely by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
- Transceiver Frequency Measurement and Calibration by George Allison, K1IG.
- DMR Radios and Programming by Bill Barber, NE1B
- WSJT-X: FT8, WSPR, MSK144 and More by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Computers by Anita Kemmerer, AB1QB, Jamey Finchum, AC1DC, Brian McCaffrey, W1BP, Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC, and Craig Bailey, N1SFT
- All About Field Day 2018 by our Field Day Planning Team
- Portable Operating Gear – demonstrations by Nashua Area Radio Society Members
- K1EL Kits by Steve Elliott, K1EL
- Antenna Modeling I by Scott Andersen, NE1RD.
- Building and Operating a Mobile HF Station by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
2017 Tech Nights
- High-Altitude Balloons: Amateur Radio at the Edge of Space and was presented by our HAB Team.
- Getting On The Air 2.0 by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC, and B. Scott Andersen, NE1RD
- All About n1fd.org – Getting the most from our Website by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- Digital Modes: RTTY, PSK, and WSJT-X by Mike Struzik AB1YK, Anita Kemmerer AB1QB, and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
- Bonding and Grounding by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- All About Field Day 2017 by Dave Merchant, K1DLM, and our Field Day Planning Team.
- Building and Operating a Satellite Ground Station by Burns Fisher, W2BFJ and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- DXing and QSLing by Anita Kemmerer, AB1QB; Bill Barber, NE1B; Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; and Dick Powell, WK1J.
- Weak Signal VHF and UHF Stations by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO and Bill Barber, NE1B.
- Getting the Most from your HF Transceiver and More by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Dave Michaels, N1RF.
2016 Tech Nights
- Popular Loggers – Ham Radio Deluxe and DXLab Suite by Dave Merchant, K1DLM and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- Low-Band Antennas by Dennis Marandos, K1LGQ; Hamilton Stewart, K1HMS; Brian McCaffrey, W1BP; and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- RF Simulation and Matching by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO
- Directional Antennas by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; Dave Michaels, N1RF; Brian Smigielski, AB1ZO; and Greg Fuller, W1TEN
- All About Field Day 2016 by our Field Day Planning Team.
- Surface Mount Soldering and Desoldering, a Hands-On Presentation by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO
- Building Your First Station and Getting On The Air by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC, and Dave Michaels N1RF
- Software Defined Radios by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Skip Youngberg, K1NKR
- Advanced Repeaters (DMR, EchoLink, DMR, and D-STAR) by Anita Kemmerer; AB1QB, Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; and Bill Barber, NE1B
- Antenna Modeling with EZNEC by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
You can gain ongoing access to the full library of Amateur Radio Training and How-To materials by supporting our work to bring new people and young people into the Amateur Radio Service as a Nashua Area Radio Society Internet Subscriber. You can learn more about how to become an Internet Subscriber here.