Anita and I have been working to grow the Amateur Radio Service through our work at the Nashua Area Radio Society. The Nashua Area Radio Society is a 501c(3) public charity whose mission is to:
- Encourage and help people to become licensed and active in the Amateur Radio Service
- Spark Interest among Young People in STEM Education and Careers through Ham Radio
- Provide training and mentoring to enable our members to improve their technical and operating skills and to be prepared to assist in times of emergency
- Sponsor on-air operating activities so that our members may practice and fully develop their operating skills and have fun with Ham Radio!
The Nashua Area Radio Society has created many programs designed to provide STEM learning experiences and training through Amateur Radio. Some of these include:
- High-Altitude Balloon Projects in Local Schools
- Electronics Kit Building Projects for Young People
- Amateur Radio License Training Class scholarships for young people
- Amateur Radio Expositions at Hamfests and in public places for Young People
- Emergency Communications Training through our Field Day and other activities
- Supporting Local Schools with ARISS Crew Contacts and other Amateur Radio activities
To carry out our mission, we have formed close relationships with several schools. This helps us develop and deliver effective, high-quality programs that bring learning through Amateur Radio to young people. You can read more about what we’re doing via the link at the top of the page.
We provide many of these services either free of charge or at a very modest cost. We count on the generosity of our members, friends, and the Amateur Radio community to raise funds to support our work.
We hope that our readers will consider supporting our work at the Nashua Area Radio Society by using Amazon Smile and designating us as your favorite charity and/or by making a donation to our current fundraising campaign (click on the badge below).
On behalf of the many young people and others that we help, thank you very much for your interest and support. We will continue to work hard to provide learning opportunities for young people through Amateur Radio and to continue to make the Amateur Radio Service the best it can be to benefit everyone.